The school is very fortunate in both the range and quality of its facilities and resources. We are constantly looking to develop and improve on these to the benefit of our youngsters.
Click on any image to enlarge it.
Info, links & more…
Careers Education Guidance Statement
The Ridgeway Community School is committed to providing high quality Careers Education Guidance, (CEG), as an integral part of every student’s education. We seek to ensure that the provision is appropriate to the age, stage, ability and educational needs of every individual and is underpinned by equality of opportunity. It is differentiated and personalized to ensure the progression through activities are appropriate to students’ stages of career learning, planning and development.
The development of careers provision at The Ridgeway Community School is constantly reviewed and considered through the careers section of the School Improvement Plan.
All staff contribute to careers education and guidance through their roles as tutors and subject teachers. Careers information is available in the Connexions Resource Centre which is maintained by Careers Subject Leader. Careers information can also be found on the school web site and intranet. The partnership agreement with Connexions is reviewed termly. The programme is reviewed annually by the Careers Subject Leader.
All students are accessing the profile builder software to collate information about themselves and their future learning pathways enabling them to formulate plans for themselves and present these at their transition meetings.
Our Careers Area
- Learner entitlement 10-11 | PDF(30kb)
- Learner entitlement 12-14 (Part 1) | PDF(30kb)
- Learner entitlement 12-14 (Part 2) | PDF(30kb)
- www.connexionssurrey.co.uk | External Webpage
- www.qcda.gov.uk | External Webpage
- www.livability.org.uk | External Webpage
- Hot Courses | External Webpage
- Remploy | External Webpage
Post 19 Residential Placements
The Disabilities Care Register (DCR) is a FREE information service for those searching for care homes or independent housing options for disabled adults.
You can complete the form online or call 0800 389 2077.
- www.carechoices.co.uk| External Webpage
- www.dolphinhomes.co.uk |External Webpage
- www.marthatrust.org.uk | External Webpage
- www.meath.org.uk | External Webpage
- www.corich.co.uk | External Webpage
- www.whitmorevale.co.uk | External Webpage
- www.bild.org.uk | External Webpage
- www.seeability.org | External Webpage
- www.daneswood.org | External Webpage
- www.brookhurstcare.co.uk | External Webpage