School Vision & Aims
A voice for all to enable lifelong opportunities: Facilitating individual expression to enable lifelong opportunities.
Respect – Connect with and celebrate individuality.
Expression - Widen worlds through personalised communication.
Ambition - Embrace potential.
Inclusivity - Champion opportunities for all.
We hope for every young person to…
Have a strong sense of belonging and to have the knowledge and skills to be able to self-advocate, be independent, be socially and emotionally resilient, to lead as full a life as possible, fulfilling their potential both now and in the future.
We do this by connecting with each individual child and adult so that we are a school where….
Our approach is child centred.
- Every young person receives personalised provision that promotes self-regulated, independent learning.
- Every young person receives provision tailored to facilitate success within their individual priorities.
Our approach is innovative.
- We hold high expectations for every young person and adult.
- We deliver teaching and learning that is relevant, meaningful, and fun, with a clear focus on preparation for the future.
- We adapt and tailor provision by remaining open minded, proactive, and curious.
Our approach is collaborative.
- We collaborate with our families, therapy teams, wider team of professionals and the local community to achieve the very best for each young person and adult.
- We champion our young people, and work with local partners to create new opportunities within the wider community.